Sunday, February 11, 2007

Jess' Birthday Gift

For Jessica's Birthday I made another scarf. She's always wearing scarves -- even inside the house. So I figured I could get away with a really impractical scarf. Not so much for keeping you warm, but instead just to be pretty. So when I saw that the yarn barn had gotten a shipment of Tilli Tomas in, I ran right down to get some. While I love the silky softness and sparkly rhinestones in this yarn, the number of knots I came across was unbelievable! There were at least six knots in this one skein! I doubt I will be picking up this yarn again.

Pattern: Ariel Scarf, by Ysolda.

Yarn: Tilli Tomas Disco Lights in color hope. I only used 1 skein. I bought the yarn from the yarn barn.

Needles: I used size US 8 aluminum straight needles.

Here's a close-up of the stitch pattern on the blocking board.

1 comment:

Kristine said...

That's beautiful!! I love the design in this one. I just found your stamping blog today and because you commented on my tea party cake, I was able to see your other blogs as well. :) You do great knitting. I have only knitted a few scarves, but didn't "purl" don't know how to do that. I read a blog that taught how to knit socks and it looked incredibly difficult with like 4 needles!! That's scary to me! LOL!! You gotta try the fondant. It's soo much fun to work with. It makes tops of cakes so smooth. ;)